The Strange Woman (1946)
Beautiful Jenny Hager finds she can always get what she wants from the men in the 1820s port of Bangor, Maine. Freed by his death from her drunkard father she soon maneuvers herself into a position to marry a middle-aged rich local businessman. Though she often uses his money to do good, she continues to consider all other men fair game.
An unscrupulous 19th-century woman will stop at nothing to control the men in her life.
- Hedy Lamarr as Jenny Hager
- George Sanders as John Evered
- Louis Hayward as Ephraim Poster
- Gene Lockhart as Isaiah Poster
- Hillary Brooke as Meg Saladine
- Rhys Williams as Deacon Adams
- June Storey as Lena Tempest
- Moroni Olsen as Rev. Thatcher
- Olive Blakeney as Mrs. Hollis
- Kathleen Lockhart as Mrs. Partridge
- Alan Napier as Judge Henry Saladine
- Dennis Hoey as Tim Hager
- Christopher Severn as Ephraim Poster (as a child)