Descendants Of Willem Adrianse Bennet Family
WILLEM ADRIAENSE BENNET, the immigrant ancestor, was possibly born in France, but more likely in Holland. The first record found for him in America is dated 1636 when he purchased land at Gowanus LI. He was a cooper by trade. He died between 9 Mar 1644 and 9 Sep 1644. He married, probably in New Amsterdam in 1637 or before, MARITJE THOMAS BADIE born about 1605 Netherlands; died after 1696; daughter of Thomas Badie and Aeltje Braconie.
Children of WILLEM ADRIAENSE BENNET and MARITJE THOMAS BADIE:
1. ADRIANSE WILLEMSE born 1636/37 Gowanus Kings Co. NY; died after 9 Feb 1703/4; married 3 Dec 1662 ANGENIETJE VAN DYCK bp 16 June 1644; died after 1711 Six Mile Run NJ; daughter of Jan Tommase Van Dyck and Tryntje Achias.
2. Willem Willemse born about 1638/39; married 9 Apr 1660 New Amsterdam Gertruyd Van Mulhem.
3. Christian bp 6 Jan 1641 New Amsterdam Dutch Church; died young..
4. Christian bp 30 Mar 1642 New Amsterdam Dutch Church.
5. Marritje Willemse bp 9 Mar 1644 New Amsterdam Dutch Church; died Flatbush NY; married about 1664 Johannes Christoffel Schaers; son of Christoffel Schaers and Leysbet Jans; married (2) 25 Apr 1690 Flatbush Dutch Church Hendrick Thys Lanen Van Pelt born 1650; died before 7 Nov 1693.
Children of ADRIANSE WILLEMSE BENNET and ANGENIETJE VAN DYCK:
1. Tryntje/Catherine born 3 Feb 1664 New Utrecht NY; died about 1740; married 12 Nov 1685 Cornelis Rutgersz Van Brunt born Brooklyn; died about 1748 New Utrecht NY; son of Rutger Joesten Van Brunt and Tryntie Claes.
2. Perhaps Willem born about 1666 New Utrecht.
3. Jan born about 1668 New Utrecht; married 6 Jan 1696 Femmetje Rapalie born 5 Oct 1676 Brooklyn NY; daughter of Jeronemus Jorise Rapalie and Annate Denyse. Left will dated 30 Mar 1722.
4. Adriaen born about 1670; died 1731 Brooklyn NY; married Barbara Vonck; born 16 Apr 1679 Southampton NY; daughter of Cornelius Vonck and Magdalena Hendricks; settled in Somerset Co. NJ.
5. MARIA/MARYTJE born about 1672 New Utrecht NY; died about 1735; married about 1690 JACOB VAN DOREN bp 21 Oct 1668 NY DRC; died between Apr 1719 and Mar 1720 NJ; son of Christian Van Doren and Tryntje Shubber.
6. Jacob born about 1674 New Utrecht NY; married 1698 at Brooklyn NY Barbara Ferdon/Verdon bp 18 Mar 1679 New Utrecht NY; died 1759 Gowanus NY; daughter of Jacobus Ferdon and Femmetie Westervelt.
7. Perhaps Cornelis born about 1676 New Utrecht.
8. Isaac born about 1678; married Magdalena Van der Koek.
9. Abraham bp 28 Mar 1680 Flatbush Dutch Church; married 25 Dec 1702 Jannetje Folckers. Moved to New Brunswick NJ.
10. Angenietje bp 3 Sep 1682 Brooklyn.
11. Engeltje bp 26 July 1685 NY Dutch Church; married Jan Derckse Sutphin bp 6 Dec 1687 Flatbush NY; son of Dirck Jansen Sutphin and Elizabeth Janse Van Nuyse.
12. Antje born about 1687; married 1710 Jacob Sutphen born 20 Jan 1683/4 Flatbush NY; son of Dirck Jansen Sutphen and Elizabeth Janse Van Nuys.
Children of Willem Willemse Bennet and Gertruyd Van Mulhem:
1. Maria Willemse bp 10 Apr 1661 New Amsterdam Dutch Church; married Jacobus Verhulst.
2. Jan Willemse bp 7 Jan 1663 Brooklyn Dutch Church; died 7 May 1743; married (1) Aeltje/Aefie Hendrickse; married (2) 2 July 1690 NY Altje Wynants Van Eck born about 1665; daughter of Winant Pieterse Van Eck and Annetie Van Nuys; married (3) Antje Van Siclen bp 1 May 1681 New Utrecht NY; daughter of Ferdinandus Van Siclen and Eva Van Salee. Left will dated 6 May 1743; proved 8 Mar 1744.
3. Willem Willemse born about 1665 Gowanus NY; married 15 Dec 1686 NY Adriaentje Vandewater of NY.
4. Jacob Willemse born about 1667 Brooklyn; married 4 May 1692 NY Neeltje Beekman born about 1659 Fort Orange NY; daughter of Martin Hendricks Beekman and Susanna Jans Labatte.
5. Probably Geertruyd.
6. Perhaps Aeltje.