New Brunswick, NJ
Abraham Voorhees was a local silversmith who operated out of New Brunswick around 1840.
Jacques W. Cortelyou (1781-1822) was a local silversmith who operated out of New Brunswick around 1805.
The Delaware and Raritan (D&R) Canal, as it looked just over the border, past Landing Lane in New Brunswick, NJ.
New York Daily News headlines, December 4, 1926. Not guilty!
Henry de la Bruyere Carpender, almost certainly falsely accused in the Hall-Mills Murders case, died just 8 years after the trial on May 26, 1934. Although he successfully had himself removed from the initial trial, he was never as healthy after the ….
George D. Totten was the Somerset County detective in charge of the initial 1922 Hall-Mills investigation. In 1926, Totten joined the staff of the New York Mirror.
Portrait of the Laird Family taken in Imlaystown, NJ. The Lairds operated the blacksmith shop and later store at the corner of South Middlebush and Suydam Roads (Laird Corner) in Pleasant Plains for well over 100 years, beginning before 1880. ….
Birdseye View map of of New Brunswick, NJ in 1880. Modern day Somerset would grow-up in the background of the right-side of the map
This mansion at 23 Nichol Avenue in New Brunswick was occupied by Rev. Edward Wheeler Hall, Frances Noel Stevens Hall, and Willie Stevens. The house later became the home of the Dean of Douglass College at Rutgers University.