Drum is the 1976 sequel to the film Mandingo, and released by United Artists. Starring Warren Oates, Pam Grier (as Pamela Grier), and Ken Norton and directed by Steve Carver, it parodies nineteenth century American slavery like its predecessor. Like Mandingo, Drum was based on the Kyle Onstott novel of the same name.
- Warren Oates as Hammond Maxwell
- Pamela Grier as Regine
- Ken Norton as Drum
- Isela Vega as Marianna
- Yaphet Kotto as Blase
- John Colicos as Bernard DeMarigny
- Fiona Lewis as Augusta Chauvet
- Paula Kelly as Rachel
- Royal Dano as Zeke Montgomery
- Lillian Hayman as Lucretia Borgia
- Rainbeaux Smith as Sophie Maxwell
- Alain Patrick as Lazare
- Brenda Sykes as Calinda
- Clay Tanner and Lila Finn as Mr. and Mrs. Holcomb
The film was originally to be directed by Burt Kennedy, but he was fired in the wake of creative differences: the film’s print made use of material filmed by both Kennedy and Carver.